Mission Vision & Values
MISSION – Our Purpose
To provide superior turnkey heavy steel manufacturing, marine construction, and repair services for government and commercial sectors through custom-built solutions, unparalleled craftsmanship and exceptional customer service.
VISION – Our Pledge
Transition Metal Trades’ legacy to the next generation through focusing on intelligent growth by improving our facilities, utilizing our deep water access, and expanding our customer base to create a recognized name in the commercial fabrication and marine industry.
VALUES – Our Promise
- Commitment – Accountable from start to finish, cultivate and mentor a highly skilled workforce, practice stewardship of our resources, and treat our employees like family.
- Innovation – Embrace new ideas, create solutions and improve capabilities by remaining steadfast and versatile in our industry through remarkable craftsmanship and ingenuity.
- Quality – Through teamwork, efficiency and accountability deliver unrivaled goods with exceptional service and on-time completion.
- Safety – Everyone, every day is responsible for making safety the top priority. Safety Takes Every Person.
- Trust – Building our relationships on strong foundations by having faith and confidence in one another, keeping promises, and having a reputation of being reliable.
Metal Trades, Inc. (MTI) is a family owned business located just south of Charleston, South Carolina operating with deep water access on the intracoastal waterway. We have been in business since 1962 and have extensive past performance in Heavy Steel Fabrication, Manufacturing, Machining, Vessel Construction and Vessel Maintenance and Repair for both commercial and Government customers.
” J.E. Corbin, Jr. founded Metal Trades, Inc. in 1962 with a pickup truck, a welding machine, and years of metal fabricating experience. Since that time MTI established a solid reputation for its multi-skilled work force and strong commitment to high quality.”